Smart Income Detective Blog Income Report JUNE 2015
Income Report: I thought it would be a good idea to share with you how the Smart Income Detective Blog performs on a monthly basis. Not only may something like this interest you, but it will help me keep super focused and drive me on to improve the site month on month. Included is a visitor report, income report and what is coming up next month.
PREVIOUS INCOME REPORTS
HOW IT’S BROKEN DOWN
Below is how I break down my income report:
- VISITORS: The total number of visitors to site according to Google Analytics
- INCOME: Blog Income Report – the total amount of revenue directly made by this site (through affiliate commissions and sales)
- TIME SPENT: From the start of the blog, I thought it would be a good experiment to record how much time I had been putting into the blog.
- IPH: Income Per Hour. As above, I divide the total income by total hours spent to give you an idea of what dollar amount I am working for per hour.
- NOTES: Anything noteworthy that is worth a mention will be here.
- SCREENSHOTS: I always include screens of my income, earnings and visitors statistics. It is the only way.
Some of these blog statistics will be particularly interesting to a newbie (like how much time does starting and maintaining a blog involve, how much the blog makes etc.) or even if you are in a similar position to me to compare statistics.
QUICK GLANCE INCOME REPORT
|Stats||This Month||Last Month||+/–|
|Time||11 Hours||18 Hours||– 7|
|IPH ($)||$44.58||$26.14||+ $18.44|
Hello and welcome to the the June 2015 Income Report for the blog.
This is the last income report in this format, as I am moving to a quarterly report, to save time and repetition. The next reports you will see will be:
July, August, September: quarter report published at the beginning of October.
October, November, December: quarter report published at the beginning of January.
Once again, things have stayed pretty consistent this month, with earnings in touching distance of my seemingly magic amount of $500, and visitor count edging towards the 2.5k mark.
I’m quite happy with these figures because blogging has taken a back seat to a couple of other projects I’m currently working on. I spent just 11 hours on 2 posts plus a theme change this month (yes I know, another theme change, but Thrive Themes just kick ass. Period), so although I haven’t put in a great deal of time figures still remain the same.
Interestingly, I’ve also completed an experiment with blog commenting. I don’t want to give too much away right now, but you can read about that in the next week – the post is 99% completed and will be published Monday 6th July.
This month has been dominated by two things which lie outside of the blog; My Amazon Affiliate Niche Sites, and a secret project I have been working on. Both are going really well, with the Amazon sites earning some really good money. It’s also been a welcome break too, because I have become tired of marketing to marketers, with all the pitfalls associated with such marketing. Read more about that in the second half of this article, and read about my experience with one marketer who was all take, take, take.
So it’s goodbye monthly income reports, and I’ll see you at the beginning of October with my quarterly report detailing July, August and September’s activities on The Smart Income Detective Blog.
POSTS THIS MONTH
I posted twice to the blog this month, the posts were:
2390 visitors this month.
Here’s who paid me this month:
Whiteboard Video Software: $172.48 (Review here)
OptimizePress Software: $112.92 (Review here)
Monster Marketing Graphics Pack: $0
WP Profit Builder: $33.84 (Review here)
Easy Azon 4: $19.50 (Review here)
Thrive Themes & Content Builder: $73.50 (Review here)
Warfare Plugins: $0
Wishlist Member: $0
Bluehost Hosting: $65
Here is proof of this months main earnings:
(GBP exchange at $1.54/£1.00)
On going monthly costs:
- GetResponse ($20.00 ) – Super easy to use email service to stay in touch with my subscribers.
- WPEngine ($9.90) – Just an awesome host. Period. (I have the 10 site plan at $99/pm, working out at $9.90 for each site)
COMING IN JULY…
- More Amazon Affiliate stuff (probably)
- Setting limits on relationship building and blog commenting.
- Opt In Review
- An updated review of OptimizePress 2.0.
Thanks to everyone who has paid a visit in June, and everyone who has left a comment, followed the blog on Twitter or gone through an affiliate link. I’m truly thankful to each and everyone of you.
All the best,